Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday morning - think I'll annotate my posts

Hey hey. Monday, it is still morning; I'm making breakfast - my usual time, which I would like to change.

I have been moving forward on my website: I picked a bunch of slides of my work that I want to put on the site, and found a scanning service for high end scans, in San Francisco, and (just for this first time) drove into SF to take in the slides, and again, a week & a half later (I wasn't in a hurry) to pick slides and scans up. The scans look very good; I might want to get larger ones for some of these if I want to have prints made, but for now they're great.

The next thing to do was to knock out the white paper background (which came out pale grey in the photographing of it) of the charcoal drawing I want to have on my Entry page. Now I'm thinking, since I actually want the actual drawing surrounded by the entry page color - not white - that maybe I should have just painted in a color, any color, which would make it easy to select the color and change it, rather than Erasing to white. On the other hand, I think I want little details from this spread around the website, which I will do as square/rectangular bits with white background, so I guess doing the erasing may have been a good way to start after all. It was a long and picky process, rather like cutting away linoleum from words and lines and fur details. It also reminded me of mowing a lawn, sometimes - sweeping away the large areas, even with a larger eraser...

Anyway, that first step on that drawing is done.

Looking at my last post here, I'm thinking I'd like to annotate some of these posts, define or explain some of the terms or names... In case anyone but me ever reads it...

Well, I think that's enough for this morning. Hey hey again...

No comments: