Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesday evening

We saw a deer the other evening - a very young buck, getting his first set of antlers, I think, standing just beyond our truck. Chief barked at him - he seems to think the deer are going to attack us; I watched from inside for a minute, then went out on the porch, and carefully but openly walked to the side closest to the buck, and watched him. A couple of times his head went high, on guard, but then he relaxed and looked around behind him, downslope, and finally turned and went over the edge and back down, slabby sided and high heeled.

Last night there were clouds flung across the sky, backlit by the moon. I love that, but most of all (or at least especially) I love the green of the oak leaves pouring out in front of me, when the sun's behind them. Green is a vitamin for the eyes...

Now it's about time to go to bed. I'm not the early retirer and early riser I want to be, not right now.

No comments: